The primary purpose of Oregon Aviation Watch is to research, educate and advocate on behalf of the public interest and public welfare about aviation issues.
The mission of Oregon Aviation Watch is to enhance and protect the quality of life for Oregon residents by eliminating the adverse impacts of aviation activity.
Issues of Concern
- noise intrusions
- environmental pollution
- climate change
- health risks
- social injustice
- property devaluation
- safety hazards
- security threats
- land use restrictions
- fiscal inequities
The vision of OAW is to achieve a transparent, accountable, and sustainable aviation system that neither disregards nor diminishes the environment, livability, health, or well-being of current and future generations of Oregon residents.
OAW strives to reduce the sense of isolation and powerlessness people sometimes feel when confronted with the bureaucratic run around and lack of democratic principles so often encountered when dealing with aviation issues.
- Public presentations
- Publishing newsletters disseminated primarily through email lists
- Periodic website updates
- Hosting discussions and presentations about impacts of aviation activity on the community
- Advocacy around aviation issues that affect the public health and public interest. This may include litigation under state and federal environmental statutes, land use issues and other laws pertaining to aviation activities and its effects
- Lobbying within limits prescribed by election under form 5768
- Research and study of the effect of aviation activity on public health and welfare
Feel free to contact OAW with your questions and comments.
Oregon Aviation Watch
PO Box 838
Banks, Oregon 97106